Why choose a Yacht Charter
We genuinely believe that the most beautiful way to explore the sea and the ocean is by sailing. If you'd like to sail on all sorts of different sailing yachts, a yacht rental is a way to go! Chartering a yacht gives you immense flexibility and opportunity to explore other destinations at your own pace, on your terms. Sailing brings freedom; that's something we truly believe and why we're in this business to start with. Whenever you decide to go on a sailing trip, we will be there to help you make the right decision and guide you through the entire process of planning a trip like that, which can be quite a project.
First of all, you need to decide who you want to go on your sailing trip with. If it's your family, that's pretty easy, and if it's a group of friends, it can be a little more difficult due to differences in everyone's schedule. First things first, though, you want to choose when and where you want to sail. Sometimes where will determine when, and vice versa. But that's why we're here to help with your private yacht charter.
You want to get familiar with where you're going, so read all you can about the destination. We can provide more information whenever necessary. We can also recommend specific routes or tailor-make them according to your needs and preferences. If you hire a skipper, you can always discuss your route with him. When choosing a sailing route, keep in mind the duration of your trip and weather conditions. Adjust your sailing activity accordingly. We recommended doing three to six hours of sailing per day, an equivalent of 15 to 25 nautical miles. Another thing you should consider is fuel consumption, which depends on weather conditions and the type of vessel you charter. A sailboat consumes 5-12 liters of fuel per hour, while a catamaran consumes slightly more, 7-12 liters per hour.
Types of yacht charter
- Catamaran - Catamarans are multi-hulled vessels, which means they combine two or more hulls, also known as pontoons. A catamaran's two-hull design offers a higher degree of stability and comfort in comparison to a monohull boat, which also helps in reducing seasickness. Catamaran sailboats are propelled by the wind and travel a lot faster than traditional sailing boats due to the needle-like monohulls or multihulls. A catamaran charter offers an outstanding balance between sailing performance and comfort. A catamaran yacht provides more space on deck and inside, making it an ideal choice for larger groups. A no sail catamaran, i.e. a power catamaran, often offers a grand sundeck and sky lounge with a panoramic view of the sea. It also allows easy access to the water through the stern of the catamaran, which is excellent for all kinds of watersports. Catamarans offer a good level of stability thanks to the two hull designs.
- Sailboat - Monohull sailboats are the most widespread type of boats out there. An important characteristic is their stability. A monohull sailing boat is almost impossible to capsize, making it extremely safe at sea. The keel and ballast provide this stability. Sailing boats range in size from the smallest with only one cabin, such as the Seascape (a sailboat commonly used for sailing courses), to medium-sized sailboats with two cabins, to the largest with six cabins. The saloon is used as a dining area and common room and can also double up for sleeping. The table can fold away and combine with the bench to create a large double bed.
- Luxury - When we talk about the luxury yacht charter, luxury crewed motor yacht charter comes to mind first. The most recommended are larger models with at least one or more crew members. Motor yachts are very powerful and therefore very difficult to maneuver. They require a very experienced skipper who knows how to handle a boat and has knowledge of local waters.
Yacht charter destinations
- Croatia yacht charter - a yacht charter is one of the most popular holiday options in Croatia. Croatia's Adriatic has become one of the world's most famous sailing destinations. It boasts more than 4000 charter yachts ready to help you explore the entire coast, from Istria in the north, Dalmatia in the middle, and Dubrovnik in the south. Even the most demanding sailors can find a perfectly suited charter due to Croatia's immense fleet. Chartering a yacht in Croatia offers an unforgettable experience, superb sailing conditions, a very indented coastline with more than a thousand islands, and a large number of marinas.
- Italy yacht charter - raise your sails and enjoy the sounds of the Mediterranean! Choose a yacht that meets your needs and enjoy different sailing areas Italy has to offer. Campania is beyond amazing and a cradle of Greco-Roman culture. Picturesque Liguria, also known as the Italian Riviera, is the dreamiest place for avid sailors. The Italian Emerald Coast on Sardinia is your place to go if you want to visit the most exclusive beach resort. For something incredibly unique, Sicily, the home of Mount Etna, is the right choice, or if you're looking for something romantic, you might want to head towards Tuscany.
- Greece yacht charter - sailing around thousands of Greek islands is a lifetime experience you don't want to miss. There are numerous destinations worth discovering, which is why sailors keep on going back to Greece. Sail in the most popular sailing regions from Athens to Corfu, Lefkas, Rhodes, and the Ionian Islands.
Who can charter a yacht?
- Bareboat yacht charter - A bareboat charter is a sailing yacht rental that you sail by yourself, without a skipper or any crew members. You are in charge of everything, from navigation, sailing, and mooring to cooking and cleaning. At least one member of your group must be an experienced sailor with a valid license. Bareboat sailing is also the cheapest option. Bareboat charters offer the freedom to explore the sea wherever and whenever your heart desires. It's a great way to have a truly unique holiday.
- Skippered yacht charter - If comfort and relaxation are top priorities on your vacation, you might want to consider a skippered charter. You won't need a license, and your skipper will steer the boat, decide on the best route, and keep you safe! Skippers are carefully chosen individuals that aren't only known for their sailing skills and experience, but also for being very knowledgeable about the area and destinations you'll be visiting. They often act as your personal local guide. On top of all that, your skipper will share tips on how to become the best possible sailor. Skippered sailing charter is the best option for less experienced sailors.
- Friends - If you're traveling with friends, the first thing you want to do is decide where you want to go and when you want to go. Once you have decided that, you need to make sure that there is a vessel available for your needs and desires. There are various sizes and options available, and you should be looking at four-cabin sailboats or larger. A four-cabin sailboat comes with a big sitting area, two restrooms, and a big kitchen.
- Family - Depending on the size of your family, you should be looking at two cabin sailboats or larger. A two-cabin sailboat is great for couples with children and comes with a comfortable lounge area. A three-cabin sailboat is an excellent option if you have two or more children. It comes with two restrooms, a kitchen, and a lounge area.
- Partner - One cabin sailboats are ideal for couples and adrenalin lovers. However, a one cabin sailboat isn't built for long travels. It comes with one restroom and a small kitchen.
Yacht charter activities
- Explore beaches - One of the advantages of sailing is that you will find a ton of coves and hidden gems of beaches in remote areas without too many tourists. Take advantage of that and dip your toes in the unexploited areas.
- Sightseeing - Once you get to the marina, go beyond. Explore the town, the city you're in. Talk to locals, learn about the architecture, customs, traditions, and grab a few drinks with them. Soak it all in.
- Photography - Make sure to bring a camera with you because you'll be seeing some of the most impressive scenery and landscapes from the ocean. Also, for your water sports and fun, bring a water-resistant GoPro if you own one.
- Taste the local cuisine - Something you should explore when spending time on the shore. Explore local tavernas and taste fresh seafood.
- Fun and games - Bring with you cards, chess set, board games, it's always fun to get a little competitive.
- Taking part in a regatta - Always a great idea if there is a regatta happening, make sure to sign up for it. A regatta is a race that usually takes place outside of summer events series, and is typically a bit smaller.